2016 Rowany Festival Parental Supervision Rules
- You are always responsible for your child/ren and their actions. To help parents understand the expected standard of behaviour, a Code of Conduct has been developed. You will need to take the time to read and understand the Parental Supervision Code of Conduct.
- The requirements for parental supervision are age dependent. Please read the guidelines attached and be sure you are aware of the supervision levels required for your child/children.
- The guidelines mean that it is no longer the responsibility of the constables to ensure all children are under adult supervision at all times. Instead the constabulary will be required to intervene only when a very young child is unsupervised, a child is breaking the rules of festival, is in a prohibited area, is endangering themselves/ others or disturbing the peace.
- Children aged 7 and under will be required to wear a tag identifying who they are, their campsite and their parent/ caregiver.
- The tavern, and mead bar, are legally prohibited to minors. Children may pass through the tavern accompanied by a parent/carer, and must not be within one metre of the bar at any time. During the Market, the bar is closed and children may enter.
- Dams and waterways are prohibited areas to unaccompanied minors. Children under 14 years must be accompanied by a parent/carer.
- The archery field and war field are prohibited areas to unaccompanied minors. Children under 14 years must be accompanied by a parent/carer.
- The Steward has the authority to impose a range of sanctions or restrictions in response to behaviour that is dangerous, disruptive or against the Festival Rules, up to and including expulsion from Festival.