From the Festival Steward –
2015 Rowany Festival Parental Supervision Rules.
The Rowany Festival rules for parental supervision have recently been reviewed and significant changes have been made in line with NSW legislation and guidelines, current best practice and the context in which the Rowany Festival operates.
Rowany Festival will adopt the NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian guidelines, amended to suit the Rowany festival environment.
The most significant change parents need to be aware of are:
• You are always responsible for your child/ren and his/ her actions. To help parents understand the expected standard of behaviour, a Code of Conduct has been developed. You will need to take the time to read, understand and sign the Parental Supervision Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct will be available across SCA Lochac websites and FB pages and available to be signed at the Rowany Festival registration point.
• The requirements for parental supervision are age dependant. Please read the guidelines attached and be sure you are aware of the supervision levels required for your child/children.
• The guidelines mean that it is no longer the responsibility of the constables to ensure all children are under adult supervision at all times. Instead the constabulary will be required to intervene only when a very young child is unsupervised, a child is breaking the rules of festival, is in a prohibited area, is endangering themselves/ others or disturbing the peace.
• Children aged 7 and under will be required to wear a tag identifying who they are, their campsite and their parent/ caregiver
• The tavern and wine bar, is legally prohibited to minors. Children may pass through the tavern accompanied by a parent/carer, and must not be within one metre of the bar at any time. During the Market, the bar is closed and children may enter.
• Dams and waterways are prohibited areas to unaccompanied minors. Children under 14 years must be accompanied by a parent/carer.
• The archery field and war field are prohibited areas to unaccompanied minors. Children under 14 years must be accompanied by a parent/carer.
• The Steward has the authority to impose a range of sanctions or restrictions in response to behaviour that is dangerous, disruptive or against the Festival Rules, up to and including expulsion from Festival.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave a comment on the Rowany Festival discussion FB page or email Spyderwebb@aapt.net.au and I will do my best to provide clarification.
Your comments and questions are welcome; they help ensure the relevance and workability of the policy.
The policy will undergo a comprehensive review in 2016, informed by your feedback, current best practice and any legislative changes.
Please also read: Draft Festival Parent Code of Conduct 150310
Festival Bunk Bookings are now Closed!
Due to high demand and rapid bookings, the bunkhouses for Festival are now fully booked. If you have a need for a bunk, I will take names on a waiting list in case of cancellations, but be aware that the likelihood of this is low. Please contact the Festival Steward at email@example.com .
There are tents, mattresses and bedding available for hire in the Equipment bookings section.
There are also a number of caravan parks, motels and bed-and-breakfast type accommodations in the area, where you can stay in comfort about 15 minutes from site, should that be your preference. If it is, I advise booking early, as the Easter long weekend is popular with many people for a visit to the Mittagong area.
Yours in service,
From the Festival 2015 Steward – Oct 2014
Hi All, and here is the first of the updates as we approach Festival 2015.
Although it’s still 6 months off, bookings are open, and it’s time to make bookings and start preparing for the fabulous time that we know we will have. After the first year at Camp Wombaroo in 2014, we all have a much better idea of how the site works, where things can go, and what new and exciting things we want Festival to have in 2015! There are many projects being prepared, and volunteers are always welcome. Let us know if you can help.
Remember, early bookings get the cheapest price, and allow the Stewarding Team to begin planning portaloo numbers and campsite allocations.
Even if only day-tripping, you still get a cheaper price by pre-booking, and everyone needs toilets, so BOOK!
If you have any special needs, or can’t find the information on the Festival website, please contact the Steward – firstname.lastname@example.org .