This is the planned timetable for Rowany Festival 2017
This timetable is subject to change during the event, so please listen to the Herald's announcements, and check for changes on the master copies which will be displayed at the Officers' Tent and at the Gate.
PDF versions of this timetable are now available for download from http://festival.lochac.sca.org/timetable/activities/pdfs, for printing or offline use. One copy of each of these will be provided to each campsite, but if you'd like a personal copy, please feel free to make your own!
Full event schedule grid (12 single-sided pages) in black and white (for printing) or in colour (recommended for offline use on phone/tablet).
Baroness Tórfa (Deputy Kingdom Kingdom Hospitaller) will greet you and introduce the SCA, and define some terms and nuances of our game. Lollies may or may not be involved, but be ready for pop quizzes, lots of laughs and meeting new folk from all over Lochac.Read more
Interested in volunteering to run a tournament list? This class will give you an introduction to the most common tourney formats, the basics of pairing off fighters, and tools and equipment required to make list keeping a breezeRead more
This is an opportunity to make a small embroidered favour for your loved one or for yourself. Beginners and intermediate sewers welcome. If you can sew in a straight line, that's great! If you can't, that's embroidery!Read more
Achieving the look of historical nobility on an average budget can be a daunting prospect, but achieving a more period “look” is not beyond our reach. This workshop is based on the experience of 14 years of op shopping and garb-making.Read more
The 5% inspiration that goes into songwriting can't be taught, But the remaining 95% involves a lot of techniques that can be! This class explores some of the basics of rhythm, rhyme, structure, and making words fit a tune.Read more
If you've ever wanted to give calligraphy a go, this is the class for you! This will be a practical session that introduces some basic pen-strokes, and lets you try out some of the most commonly-used Medieval and Renaissance scripts.Read more
Italian can be easy and these dances will be! Steps will be taught and no prior dance experience is necessary. Dances are (or can be made) low impact and if you are only fit enough to walk to the hall, you are likely fit enough to do this class.Read more
OK so I like the thought of a medieval herb garden, where do I start? What is easy to grow? What can I use that won’t freak out my family? Start them gently and work up to the full monastic garden later.Read more